Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBS40V - Registered Amazon Alexa with wife's Amazon account, but cannot re-register with mine.

givens34
Aspirant

RBS40V - Registered Amazon Alexa with wife's Amazon account, but cannot re-register with mine.

RBS40V - Registered Amazon Alexa with wife's Amazon account and was working fine. For multiple reasons, wanted to de-register and setup my 2x RBS40Vs with my Amazon email, but using Netgear Nighthawk app, continually states that it is "Unable to register". If I look in Amazon Alexa app, there device is there in registered to me, but always offline. Only thing I can do to get Alexa working again is to register back in my wife's Amazon account.

Things I have tried:

1) Factory reset Orbis

2) De-registered from Amazon Alexa App

3) Check Amazon.com/Devices and confirmed that Orbis do not show up under wife's account

My gut tells me that somehow, the Orbis are still somehow tied to my wife's Amazon account because that is what I originally set them up with, but no matter what I try cannot get around it. (Not sure if Amazon or Netgear is at fault)

Model: RBS40V|Orbi Voice Add-on WiFi Satellite and Smart Speaker
Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7