Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBS40V firmware

Woody13
Follower

RBS40V firmware

Hello all,
I bought a Netgear Orbi mesh system from Costco a few years ago and I'm wanting to add another satellite. I've seen some posts about updating everything to the latest firmware before adding the new satellite. The latest firmware for the router is v2.7.4.24 but the satellite firmware is v2.6.2.8. Are't the router and satellite firmware were supposed to be the same?
Also, which satellites will work with the RBR50 to extend the mesh network?
And why can I purchase a new Orbi mesh system cheaper than I can buy just a satellite?
Thanks,
Wade
Message 1 of 2
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: RBS40V firmware

Very good questions.

@Woody13 wrote:
Aren't the router and satellite firmware were supposed to be the same?

The RBS40V (Voice) product is a "one off" combination Orbi satellite/all purpose WiFi extender with a speaker built into it. (One set of firmware for original Orbi satellite; different firmware for WiFi extender.)  Has never had the same firmware release number as the primary Orbi routers.

@Woody13 wrote:
which satellites will work with the RBR50 to extend the mesh network?

RBS50, RBS40, RBS20, RBW30, RBS40V, RBS50Y (outdoor rated).

@Woody13 wrote:
And why can I purchase a new Orbi mesh system cheaper than I can buy just a satellite?

Because they probably have excess inventory of the "kit" and want to clear them out.  Trying to make sense of today's world is quite a task.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7