Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBS40V - lost connection to system

awchapman
Aspirant

RBS40V - lost connection to system

I have a RBR40 system with 3 satellites on different levels of a 3 story home.  We added an RBS40V to the original system (all purchased together).  It worked great for several months but now I cannot get it online.  I have restarted numerous times with no luck.  It will chime when rebooting but does not join "the party"

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated 

Message 1 of 6
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: RBS40V - lost connection to system

What does the Orbi Attached Devices display show for the RBS40V?

One step would be to use the Attached devices display to remove the RBS40V, do a Factory Reset on the RBS40V, and then attempt to "add a satellite" with it.  (I am most comfortable adding satellites when they are physically in the same room as the router.  Makes it much easier to 'see' what is going on and to press the sync buttons within the time frame.)

Message 2 of 6
awchapman
Aspirant

it doesn't show anything connected to it and it shows it as offline

Message 3 of 6
CrimpOn
Guru

@awchapman wrote:

it doesn't show anything connected to it and it shows it as offline

In my previous life in tech support, when I would ask the user, "is it plugged in?", they would often berate me, then crawl under the desk and say, "well, it is now."  Assuming that the RBS40V is plugged in and the Power LED glows green, the most obvious step is a factory reset and then sync it to the router again.

Message 4 of 6
awchapman
Aspirant

That is the first thing I check as well.  I have even moved it to different outlets within the room to be sure the outlet isn't bad.

What are the steps for a factory reset?

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

https://kb.netgear.com/31486/How-do-I-reset-my-Orbi-system-to-factory-default-settings
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePZSc7vnRlQ

@awchapman wrote:

That is the first thing I check as well.  I have even moved it to different outlets within the room to be sure the outlet isn't bad.

What are the steps for a factory reset?

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7