Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBS40V touch controls not working

Michal_
Aspirant

RBS40V touch controls not working

Dear Community,

I am facing a problem with RBS40V-200 and the control panel stopped working just in beginning of the pairing process with the orbi router.

The controls have worke initially, when I unboxed the device and started syncing it with the Orbi network I think it must have downloaded in some kind of a firmware update and the controls are no longer available. I have been on a phone with the NG support, the device has been manually upgraded to V2.5.1.4 I but that didn't resolve the issue.

Apart from that the device works well, connected as a satellite to RBR50 that runs firmware 2.5.1.16

Is there anything you could recommend that I do to bring the volume control back?

Thanks in advance!

Michal

Model: RBS40|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Add-on Satellite
Message 1 of 11
Desert_Dave
Aspirant

Re: RBS40V touch controls not working

I have the same problem with my new RBS40V voice satellite. No touch control after adding satellite to RBR40 router. No lights on top except for the ring and no touch control. Alexa works though. Tech support  could not help. I updated firmare from 2.5.1.2 to 2.5.1.4. but problem is still there. Is any Netgear tech person reading this?

Model: RBS40V|Orbi Voice Add-on WiFi Satellite and Smart Speaker
Message 2 of 11
Mstrbig
Master

There is a newer firmware V2.5.1.6. Also is the RBS40V in Orbi mode?

Message 3 of 11
Desert_Dave
Aspirant

Thanks for the tip about the newer firmware for the RBS40V. I upgraded it to V2.5.1.6 but this did not help. Wifi is connected and Alexa works but the touch control on top is still not working for volume, mute, etc.

Message 4 of 11
Mstrbig
Master

Find the IP address of the orbi voice. in your browser type 192.168.1.xx<- the ip adress/debug.htm, example 192.168.1.15/debug.htm and try Upgrade Touch Board Firmware.

Message 5 of 11
Desert_Dave
Aspirant

It worked!  The touch control/lights are working now. Thank you so much for the solution.    Hopefully I would not have to do this frequently.

@Mstrbig wrote:

Find the IP address of the orbi voice. in your browser type 192.168.1.xx<- the ip adress/debug.htm, example 192.168.1.15/debug.htm and try Upgrade Touch Board Firmware.

Message 6 of 11
Mstrbig
Master

@Desert_Dave wrote:

It worked!  The touch control/lights are working now. Thank you so much for the solution.    Hopefully I would not have to do this frequently.

@Mstrbig wrote:

Great please mark as solution so others can benefit from the results

Message 7 of 11
Parha1m
Aspirant

Did you have a fix on this issue? I have the same problem with MyBalanceNow

Message 8 of 11
Mstrbig
Master

@Parha1m wrote:

Did you try?

@Mstrbig wrote:

Message 9 of 11
tommyshelbyop
Aspirant

@Parha1m wrote:

the solution has already been shared

Message 10 of 11
Michal_
Aspirant

this worked for me:

@Mstrbig wrote:

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7