Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBS5 turn solid Blue into Magenta within seconds

Retired_Member
Not applicable

RBS5 turn solid Blue into Magenta within seconds

Hi, im trying to sync the 4th sattelite into my Mesh system, during the sync process to RBS shows solid blue and after a few seconds it turn into solid magenta, how may I debug the backhaul behavior? Thank you

Model: RBS50Y|High Performance AC3000 Outdoor WiFi Mesh Extender and Add-on Satellite
Message 1 of 10
plemans
Guru

Re: RBS5 turn solid Blue into Magenta within seconds

When you're syncing the 4th satellite, are the other satellites on? 

Many have had to shut off the already connected satellites when they're adding more than 3 (ish) satellites. 

Once its sync'd and fully connected, then turn the others back on. 

Message 2 of 10
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Hi, thank you for the answer, in a first step I try with all , assuming this situation i shut down only 1 (turn red at the app) without success, I try to pair as the others trough the app without resetting the router. Thx

Message 3 of 10
CrimpOn
Guru

@Retired_Member wrote:

Hi, thank you for the answer, in a first step I try with all , assuming this situation i shut down only 1 (turn red at the app) without success, I try to pair as the others trough the app without resetting the router. Thx

Previous posts about adding satellite #4 (5,6,etc) were all based on using the web interface process Add Orbi Satellite on the home page menu (bottom item). The 'app' is different from the web interface in many ways.  I would not be surprised if the process for adding satellites is different in the 'app'.

Message 4 of 10
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Hi, Ive try trough the web, same result, at the sync page the the message setup succesfull is shown and the led became blue, never show up int the sattelite list, and about 20secs later the solid Magenta is show. Could it a HW problem, is there anyway to trace the backhaul negotiation?

Message 5 of 10
CrimpOn
Guru

Was this 4th satellite purchased new?

(If so, it qualifies for 90 days of 'complimentary support')

What model of satellite is it?

Message 6 of 10
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Saddly its not new.

Message 7 of 10
CrimpOn
Guru

Which model, please.
Message 8 of 10
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Hi, sorry for not answer, I was hit by Covid, bettewr now, the HW was originaly a RBR50  that I migrate to a RBS50 with the last version, Originaly this HW have had the same problem, it sync with a SAT only by ETH, some behavior as Router as Satellite, it should be a HW problem. Thxs.

Message 9 of 10
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Hi, anyone face the same situation, that a Sat o Router lost the backhaul almos inmidiatly afyer it was setup? Thank you.

@Retired_Member wrote:

Hi, sorry for not answer, I was hit by Covid, bettewr now, the HW was originaly a RBR50  that I migrate to a RBS50 with the last version, Originaly this HW have had the same problem, it sync with a SAT only by ETH, some behavior as Router as Satellite, it should be a HW problem. Thxs.

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7