Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBS50 Add on Satellite

Shayzeke
Follower

RBS50 Add on Satellite

I have an existing RBR50v2 router with one RBS50v2. I’m trying to add another RBS50 satellite that I purchased from eBay and I can’t get it to connect. Do I have to reconfigure the add on which appears to have a different network name and password to make it work?
Message 1 of 5
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: RBS50 Add on Satellite

Most users get out a paperclip and do a Factory Reset on the new satellite, then follow the instructions to Add Orbi Satellite.

Message 2 of 5
CrimpOn
Guru

p.s. There is nothing to configure on satellites. They get all configuration from the router once they are sync'd to it.

Message 3 of 5
plemans
Guru

Sometimes it helps to hardwire it in and sync it. once its added, you can try disconnecting it

Message 4 of 5
KevinLiT
NETGEAR Moderator

Hello @Shayzeke,

I understand that you are having issues connecting your third-party purchased RBS50 to your RBR50. All that is required for this device to sync to your RBR50 is a factory reset. After you have conducted a factory reset please navigate to the link below for instructions on how to sync the satellite to your existing network:

How to sync Orbi router and satellite:

https://kb.netgear.com/31018/How-do-I-sync-my-Orbi-router-and-satellite

Please let me know if you have any additional questions!!!

Best,

Kevin

Community Team

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7