Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBS50 Add on Sattelite

neo_geo
Tutor

RBS50 Add on Sattelite

I puchased a Orbi system bundle with a router (RBR50) and 2 sattelite (RBS50) a while back.  I added an outdoor sattelite without any issues.  Recently, I tried to add one more sattelite.  This sattelite came as part of a package - one sattelite and one router (got a cheap deal on it).  I simply wanted the sattelite and had no plans on using the router that came with it.  When I add this sattelite through the app it aapears to connect in my system - I see the sattelite when I log in to the router via either the app or computer however, the recent sattelite shows no information on firmware or anything just a "-".  It had a blue ring for a while and then went off.  I tried to manually update the sattelite as it appeared to have an IP address, but then wouldn't connect when I tried directly connecting.  I'm not really sure what to do.  My concern is that it is "paired" with the oher router it came with, but I'm unsure how to simply get it to join my current setup.

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

FW on the new RBS may be older and thus not able to sync with whats currently being used.

Try this with the new RBS50: 

What you need to do is factory reset the RBS. Wire connect a PC to the 1st satellite📡. Already have the most current FW version files downloaded on to this PC. 

Wire connect 1 PC to the back of the RBS. Factory reset the RBS, wait about 5 minutes. The PC will get a IP address from the satellite📡. The RBS will be 192.168.1.250. Use this IP address in a web browser to log in to the satellites web page. Log in as admin and password. Use the satellites 📡 web page FW update feature to select the FW update file that was unpacked from the .zip file. Then factory reset and then re-sync the satellites 📡 to the RBR. 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

What model RBS is this new satellite? RBS50? 

@neo_geo wrote:

Message 2 of 6
neo_geo
Tutor

yes it is an RBS50 (not a v2).  I bought a used RBK50 pack that came with router and sattellite because it was cheaper than just buying a sattelite.  I am not using the router from that purchase and just trying to add the sattelite to my exisiting router and thee sattelites.  All my current equipment is running the latest firmware version (V2.7.3.22).  Thanks.

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

FW on the new RBS may be older and thus not able to sync with whats currently being used.

Try this with the new RBS50: 

What you need to do is factory reset the RBS. Wire connect a PC to the 1st satellite📡. Already have the most current FW version files downloaded on to this PC. 

Wire connect 1 PC to the back of the RBS. Factory reset the RBS, wait about 5 minutes. The PC will get a IP address from the satellite📡. The RBS will be 192.168.1.250. Use this IP address in a web browser to log in to the satellites web page. Log in as admin and password. Use the satellites 📡 web page FW update feature to select the FW update file that was unpacked from the .zip file. Then factory reset and then re-sync the satellites 📡 to the RBR. 

Message 4 of 6
neo_geo
Tutor

Cheers!  Thank you so much.  This worked perfectly.

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements