Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBS50 Blackhaul status Disconnected

JitM
Aspirant

RBS50 Blackhaul status Disconnected

Hi,

I have RBR50 Orbi product with one satellite (RBS50). I have been using this product happily since last 2 years No issues whats so over. My main unit is downstair and Satellite is upstais with 37feet distance.

I have started getting intermittent internet drop in my satellite since last few days/week . Intermittently Blackhaul status shows disconnected for RBS50 in webconsole where as iphone app shows satellite is connected with green dots in Network Map. 

For example everything was working fine this morning Blackhaul Status was good and Connection Type was 5G but since last 1 hour it is showing Disconnected now. I am sure if I am going to restart satellite it will work again.

I am on Firmaware version 2.5.2.4.

Since i have not made any changes in my house or locations of Orbi system and everything used to work brilliantly until last couple of days, I am wondering if it is related to any bug in new firmware.

Please help!

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router, RBS50Y|High Performance AC3000 Outdoor WiFi Mesh Extender and Add-on Satellite
Message 1 of 3
Mstrbig
Master

Re: RBS50 Blackhaul status Disconnected

You could update to the latest 2.7.0.70 firmware, as I did. It is very stable.

However it seems like more of a power issue. Try swapping out the power supply to see if the issue gos away. Power is a real issue where I live, due to storms and brownouts. 

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBS50 Blackhaul status Disconnected

Has a power off for 1 minute then back on been performed since last update?
Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update? 

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

One User Experience/Configuration:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Most-Stable-Orbi-Configuration/m-p/1941087/highlight/true#M970...

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/Community-FAQ-My-Orbi-speeds-are-slow-inconsistent-and-don-...

@JitM wrote:

Hi,

I have RBR50 Orbi product with one satellite (RBS50). I have been using this product happily since last 2 years No issues whats so over. My main unit is downstair and Satellite is upstais with 37feet distance.

I have started getting intermittent internet drop in my satellite since last few days/week . Intermittently Blackhaul status shows disconnected for RBS50 in webconsole where as iphone app shows satellite is connected with green dots in Network Map. 

For example everything was working fine this morning Blackhaul Status was good and Connection Type was 5G but since last 1 hour it is showing Disconnected now. I am sure if I am going to restart satellite it will work again.

I am on Firmaware version 2.5.2.4.

Since i have not made any changes in my house or locations of Orbi system and everything used to work brilliantly until last couple of days, I am wondering if it is related to any bug in new firmware.

Please help!

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7