Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBS50 Firmware Version 2.3.0.32

mckenn
Aspirant

RBS50 Firmware Version 2.3.0.32

Good day everyone

Should I upgrade to RBS50 Firmware Version 2.3.0.32 manually or would it be upgraded automatically as it always does.

Thanks 

Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only)
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
CrimpOn
Guru

It will upgrade automatically when Netgear decides that they are confident that an automatic update will not cause a flood of problems.  Right now, numerous Orbi customers are doing a manual update (a) because they have an Orbi issue and hope the upgrade will fix it, or (b) because they like to live "on the bleeding edge."  (I upgraded even though my system is "just fine.")  There is a chance (slim, but still a chance) that Netgear will decide not to release this firmware and will go "back to the drawing board" with further work.  In that case, there will be another Beta and another period of manual update.

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it."  One day you will find that Orbi updated all by itself.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
CrimpOn
Guru

It will upgrade automatically when Netgear decides that they are confident that an automatic update will not cause a flood of problems.  Right now, numerous Orbi customers are doing a manual update (a) because they have an Orbi issue and hope the upgrade will fix it, or (b) because they like to live "on the bleeding edge."  (I upgraded even though my system is "just fine.")  There is a chance (slim, but still a chance) that Netgear will decide not to release this firmware and will go "back to the drawing board" with further work.  In that case, there will be another Beta and another period of manual update.

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it."  One day you will find that Orbi updated all by itself.

Message 2 of 3
mckenn
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply. I think i'll wait. It aint broken so there's no reason to fix.

Thanks again

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7