Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBS50 Orbi (second) satellite not syncing

bramdd
Guide

RBS50 Orbi (second) satellite not syncing

Hi guys

I am completely new here.

Today I just bought my second satellite, to connect to my existing RBK50 (and existing RBS50).  These are running firmware V2.1.2.18 .

Even when putting the RBS50 NEXT to the RBK50, it keeps turning magenta (no connection).

Never blue, never "solid white".

I was thinking he was "fighting" with the existing RBS50.  But even when disconnecting the existing RBS50, I kept getting magenta on the new RBS50.

(

I'd guess this is because of different firmware versions?

Then you'd say "upgrade".  But without being connected, how do I upgrade to the latest firmware version?

)

Thanks in advance!

Bram.

Model: RBS50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Satellite Only)
Message 1 of 4
t_k
Luminary
Luminary

Re: RBS50 Orbi (second) satellite not syncing

@bramdd

Your problem may be simple to solve. It may just be that you need to press the "sync" button on the back of the router, then walk over and press the "sync" button on the back of the new sattelite. Here's the brief article for how to sync satellites, if you haven't come across it yet.

If you happen to have already done this and just didn't mention it, please do ignore this message!

Model: RBK53| Orbi Router + 2 Satellites Orbi WiFi System
Message 2 of 4
bramdd
Guide

@t_k: thank youfor your answer.  But that's what I did (when in trouble, I know "rtfm" Smiley Happy ).

However, when waiting a +- 30 minutes (without doing anything), it connected, going from magenta to blue, to white.  I now have a working second satellite in daisy chain mode, which seems to be working (without thorough speed testing).

Very weird thing (which is another topic, actually): when automatically updating the firmware, my new RBS is on a lower firmware (2.0.1.4) than the existing two (2.1.1.16), all saying they have the newest firmware.

Message 3 of 4
bramdd
Guide

OK.  I found the answer to my firmware remark: TOPIC .  I guess I updated the existing RBK and RBS just before the "auto update stop to 2.1".

(Getting a bit scared of all the firmware trouble though) 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7