Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBS50 / RBK50 One base one Satellite - I want a replacement - tried everything

yianni
Follower

RBS50 / RBK50 One base one Satellite - I want a replacement - tried everything

Let me start by saying I have been in IT support for over 15 years. I just can't spend hours on the phone with support, rebooting my modem and routers again an again. I need results asap. 

I am having the issue everyone seems to have with this model.

Wifi tops out 30 mbps

I have tried all the "solutions" listed here countless hours of configurations it works for maybe one or two speedtests then back to 30 mbps. 

I WANT A REPLACEMENT ASAP. I will even pay a small fee for an upgraded model ($100) I just want this to work. 

I have hard reset this system a few times already. Spend hours on the phone with my cable provider, for them to convince me to upgrade my modem, which I have done that too. Direct connections thorough modem are fine this is all orbi

With two people working from home, my modem is pulling over the 200mbps I pay for as well as a direct cable connection through my orbi. 

Thank you,

Message 1 of 2
Mstrbig
Master

Re: RBS50 / RBK50 One base one Satellite - I want a replacement - tried everything

@yianni wrote:

Let me start by saying I have been in IT support for over 15 years. I just can't spend hours on the phone with support, rebooting my modem and routers again an again. I need results asap. 

I am having the issue everyone seems to have with this model.

Wifi tops out 30 mbps

I have tried all the "solutions" listed here countless hours of configurations it works for maybe one or two speedtests then back to 30 mbps. 

I WANT A REPLACEMENT ASAP. I will even pay a small fee for an upgraded model ($100) I just want this to work. 

I have hard reset this system a few times already. Spend hours on the phone with my cable provider, for them to convince me to upgrade my modem, which I have done that too. Direct connections thorough modem are fine this is all orbi

With two people working from home, my modem is pulling over the 200mbps I pay for as well as a direct cable connection through my orbi. 

Thank you,

This is a forum for help with the Orbi product, but you would have to contact Netgear direct for any warranty information regarding replacement, upgrade etc.

I understand your frustration, as many people have issues with all brands of mesh systems. You being in IT support for over 15 years will know there are a lot of variables.

So let's start with:

Who is your ISP and what equipment did they provide?
What is the model and current firmware on your Orbi device?
What device is your Orbi router connected to, direct or switch?
Did you reboot your ISP modem/router, before starting the Orbi router install?
Have you changed the network cable connected from the ISP device to your Orbi router?
Are your satellites, if any, wired or wireless? If wired, what cable size was used, as wrong size can cause slow speed?
Disable Circle, Armor, Daisy Chaining if wired, Fast Roaming, IPv6 and uncheck 20/40Mhz Coexistence. Set Short preamble mode. Save settings, reboot Orbi.

If you are paying for 200Mbps, the Orbi router and satellites are fully capable of handling much more. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7