Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBS50 Replacment

GrudgeMonkey
Aspirant

RBS50 Replacment

I'm enjoying the RBK53 system, but I'd like to add another satellite. It seems that the RBS50 units included in the kit are no longer manufactured. Is there a newer model that will be compatible with my mesh?

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 7
Mstrbig
Master

Re: RBS50 Replacment

@GrudgeMonkey wrote:

I'm enjoying the RBK53 system, but I'd like to add another satellite. It seems that the RBS50 units included in the kit are no longer manufactured. Is there a newer model that will be compatible with my mesh?

The RBS50v2 would be the new repalcement with the exact same specs. However there are many RBS50V1 units for sale for less (like new $100 vs. $200+). I have 2 RBK53 systems and love them. They are super powerful with great coverage.

Message 2 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Also RBS20, RBW30, RBS50Y, EX7500, EX7700 and EX8000 are compatible. The EXs work as extenders only. No MESH support. 

@GrudgeMonkey wrote:

Message 3 of 7
Texchappy
Aspirant

2 questions, as I need another Rb50 series satellite soon...

1. When will the RBS50v2 be available? (Bonus, what is the difference)

2. Where are the V1 available? Been looking and not finding.

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 4 of 7
Mstrbig
Master

Not sure of your location, but a search shows both the RBSR50 and RBS50 V2 are available at various vendors. 

Message 5 of 7
Texchappy
Aspirant

I'm in Texas, USA. I've looked from the Netgear site as well as google and Amazon.  There are several locations listed but going to each in turn elicits an ou5 of stock message.

Message 6 of 7
Mstrbig
Master

I just did a net search and the ones I find are priced at over $200 for 1 RBS50 satellite. I am seeing RBK50 and RBK53 2 and 3 packs for sale for not a whole lot more. There's always the used market as well. Many for sale on various used items sites. I purchased a couple through them locally with no issues. Just a thought.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7