Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBS50 SATELITE AS SECOND SATELITE FOR ORBI WIFI 6 (RBK852)?

RobSo
Aspirant

RBS50 SATELITE AS SECOND SATELITE FOR ORBI WIFI 6 (RBK852)?

Can I connect and RBS50 satelite as a second satelite to the Orbi WIFI 6 (RBK852)?  Looking to upgrade, but don't want to waste my old equipment.  

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
RobSo
Aspirant

Re: RBS50 SATELITE AS SECOND SATELITE FOR ORBI WIFI 6 (RBK852)?

Thanks for the link. It appears that you can't according to a thread from that link. I would hope they fix that in the future.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
CrimpOn
Guru

You may get a more informed response by posting in the Orbi AX forum: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/bd-p/en-home-orbi-ax 

The people who post on that forum are mostly people who have installed the AX product, whereas most of us on this forum have only the WiFi 5 product.

Before plunking down $700, you might browse through the first 3-4 pages of posts.  Seems (to me) that the experience has been "mixed".

Message 2 of 4

@CrimpOn wrote:

Before plunking down $700, you might browse through the first 3-4 pages of posts.  Seems (to me) that the experience has been "mixed".

Indeed, "AX" technology seems to be for people who enjoy living on the "bleeding edge" and don't mind acting as beta testers for new standards that have yet to be finalised.

Look at the discussions about the Nighthawk AX stuff. Not a pretty site (sic).

Message 3 of 4
RobSo
Aspirant

Thanks for the link. It appears that you can't according to a thread from that link. I would hope they fix that in the future.
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7