Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBS50 Satellite Not Connected, Pulsing White, and Will Not Reset

kruegja
Aspirant

RBS50 Satellite Not Connected, Pulsing White, and Will Not Reset

Satellite has been flashing white for days.  Will not resync nor will it reset when pushed with pin for extended period of time (+60 seconds).  Have factory reset system with no sucess.  Believe it is an outdated firmware on satelitte but cannot manually update, let alone see what the version on the satellite is, as satellite is not shown on orbilogin.net:

Orbi.JPG

Any thoughts as to how to get this synced backed up would be greatly appreciated...

Model: RBS50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Satellite Only)
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

So when you press the reset button on the back of the satellite, does the top LED turn on amber then let go? The top LED will start to flash white then plusate slowly. After this, press the sync button on the base router then the sync button on the satellite. It should start to connect and the top LED should turn on BLUE.

If this doesn't work, I would contact NG support and ask for additional help and information.

Message 2 of 4
kruegja
Aspirant

Thanks. The satellite is blinking white on top for 1-2 seconds. When I hit the reset, nothing happens. Blinking on top continues and power indicator light remains green the entire time the reset button is pressed. Power indicator does however blink red 6 times when initially plugged back in. I’ve powered down, reset, resycned, and restored factory settings. Still get nothing but the white blinking on the top light and cannot connect the satellite to the router to see it as part of the system. Is there a way to manually connect to the satellite via a wired connection to update firmware? Would reloading older firmware to the router get the two to talk? Or do I need to just try to attempt NG support and/or have the day replaced?

Thanks!
Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

You can try v10 and see on the router. 

Power OFF the satelite. The back on after 30 seconds, soon as you power it on, press in the reset button in back, Look at the stop of the satellite for a Amber or Yellowish color top LED to appear, if you see this, release the reset button, the top LED should start to flash ON and OFF then slowly pulsate ON and off. Let us know if you get to this point. 

If not, I would make contact with NG support...

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7