Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBS50 Satellite goes off line

ewiesner
Aspirant

RBS50 Satellite goes off line

One of the satellites is located in my bedroom and most every night it wakes me as it progresses through the amber, blue and white light as if it has lost it's connection or has been recycled.  I'm not losing power as I have a fan running on the same outlet.  The base and satellites are both running the latest firmware, 2.1.2.18.  I was out of town when this firmware was installed and I've also noticed my wifi devices are slow to connect.  I don't know it these are related, but if I can't resolve, I may drop back to the previous version and see it that makes a difference.  Thoughts or suggestions?

Model: RBS50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Satellite Only)
Message 1 of 8
Retired_Member
Not applicable

2.1.2.18 has reported problems.  You may want to step back to 2.0.1.14

I called Netgear customer support and they walked me through the process.  Took about 20 minutes.  You can also do it yourself.  Not hard.

Message 2 of 8
ewiesner
Aspirant

I see version 2.0.1.4, I do not see version 2.0.1.14.... is this a mistake?

Message 3 of 8
webminster
Luminary

Typo.  He meant 2.0.1.4.

Message 4 of 8
ewiesner
Aspirant

OK, so I want to rollback my firmware, but I am unable to login to my satellite devices.  I can successfully login to orbilogon.com, but cannot get my logon to be accepted by the satellite.  Suggestions?

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 5 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Does admin and password work? 

The log in of the Satellite should be the same as the Orbi Router...

Message 6 of 8
ewiesner
Aspirant

No, it does not.  I know my password.  Can I factory reset the satellite only without reseting the router? If I reset the entire system, what does the logon and password become. Admin for the logon and password for the password?  TIA

Message 7 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

If you reset the Satellite, you'll have to re-add it to the system. Try this. It should gather same log in info as router after it's re-connected. 

Look for the Ip address of the Satellite after it's re-added on the routers connected devices page. Use this in a web browser. Should be same log in as router.

Does the user manual give default log in info for Satellite? 

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7