Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBS50 does not sync with RBR50

jt76
Guide

RBS50 does not sync with RBR50

Coming back to this issue after a few weeks.

Cannot get RBS50 (v2.6.1.40) to sync with RBR50 running v2.5.2.4. Have tried just about everything on the Netgear site as far as syncing directions are concerned.

Even tried to upload the same version of firmware - v2.5.2.4 - on to RBS50. Could not get tftp to work because the power LED at the back does not blink orange when it power up. Goes straight to green.

Tried to login to the RBS50, i.e. 192.168.1.250 from my PC, but keep on getting "500 - Internal Server Error". So that route of simply logging in and changing firmware version does not exist.

About ready to throw up my hands and walk away from ORBI brand. Not something that I usually do.

Any last minute advice?

Model: RBS50Y|High Performance AC3000 Outdoor WiFi Mesh Extender and Add-on Satellite
Message 1 of 6
vajim
Master

Re: RBS50 does not sync with RBR50

I believe part of the problem may be that the router and sats needs to be on the same firmware

Message 2 of 6
jt76
Guide

Yes, that could be true. However, I do not see any way to get tp the satellite in order to get it to the same firmware version.

In fact I was trying to downgrade both the RBR50 and RBS50 from v2.6.1.40 because the RBS50 would not stay synced up with the RBR50.

Model: RBS50Y|High Performance AC3000 Outdoor WiFi Mesh Extender and Add-on Satellite
Message 3 of 6
vajim
Master

@jt76 wrote:

Yes, that could be true. However, I do not see any way to get tp the satellite in order to get it to the same firmware version.

In fact I was trying to downgrade both the RBR50 and RBS50 from v2.6.1.40 because the RBS50 would not stay synced up with the RBR50.

you may have to perform a factory reset and then do manual updates on all.

https://kb.netgear.com/31486/How-do-I-reset-my-Orbi-system-to-factory-default-settings

https://kb.netgear.com/31573/How-do-I-manually-upgrade-firmware-on-my-Orbi-router-using-orbilogin-co...

Message 4 of 6
jt76
Guide

That is exactly what I am trying to do. I have downgraded the RBR50 successfully. However, cannot find a way to downgrade the RBS50 any which way. I have tried:

1. Using the web interface - cannot get to it using the browser even on an isolated network. Gives the 500 error as I mentioned before

2. Trying to use the tftp mechanism to upload firmware. Cannot get it to work because the RBS50 does not show the needed sequence of power LED lights for the tftp to work

Thanks.

Message 5 of 6
vajim
Master

@jt76 wrote:

That is exactly what I am trying to do. I have downgraded the RBR50 successfully. However, cannot find a way to downgrade the RBS50 any which way. I have tried:

1. Using the web interface - cannot get to it using the browser even on an isolated network. Gives the 500 error as I mentioned before

2. Trying to use the tftp mechanism to upload firmware. Cannot get it to work because the RBS50 does not show the needed sequence of power LED lights for the tftp to work

Thanks.

Keep trying the web login.  Maybe use a different browser.  

Some browsers may have cached this page by accident. Follow the instructions below to clear the cache and try again:

Internet Explorer (IE):

1. For Internet Explorer, click on Tools > Internet options and select Delete browsing history.
  2. Make sure all options are checked and then click Delete.

Google Chrome:

1. For Chrome, go to the browser toolbar, click More Tools and select Clear Browsing Data.
  2. Select the “beginning of time” option and then click Clear Browsing Data.
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7