Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBS50 drops connections to Ring cameras

BThis
Aspirant

RBS50 drops connections to Ring cameras

Two Ring wireless solar charged cameras, an original Stick Up Cam with solar panel and a newer solar-powered Spotlight Cam both lose their connections. When I set them up they say the connection is good buf a few days later I start getting weak signal alerts and connection failures. Sooner or later they drop and won't reconnect unless I physically climb up and press the buttons on the units. My first question is whether the RBS50 is directional in any way. Would turning it one direction or another make a difference? If not, is there a setting I can adjust on the RBS50? I plugged a Ring Chime Wi-Fi extender in between one of the units and the satellite, but the signal from the satellite itself is stronger than the Chime.

Any suggestions?

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: RBS50 drops connections to Ring cameras

There is a l-o-n-g post about how to connect Ring products.  You can search in the upper left corner of the forum web page.  I would look for "Ring".

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
CrimpOn
Guru

There is a l-o-n-g post about how to connect Ring products.  You can search in the upper left corner of the forum web page.  I would look for "Ring".

Message 2 of 4
BThis
Aspirant

I don't know which Ring post CrimpOn was referring to. I found a very long string of posts with various fixes but some were years old and subsequent comments said that problem had been fixed...  In the meanwhile, I moved the Ring Chime to a plug closer to the camera and got a better signal. When I previously had it in that plug, in the ceiling by the garage door opener, it would not connect to Wi-Fi. But I realized that was before I had ORBI. The RBS50's signal is strong enough to reach it there. Now it's closer to the Spotlight Cam, so both signals are better.

So far, so good. Per my original post, another camera has a similar problem. It's working now, but I may have to do more digging to find the post CrimpOn is referring to.

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Can review this one:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Best-Performance-for-Ring-Devices-Orbi-Config-Settings/m-p/176...

@BThis wrote:

I don't know which Ring post CrimpOn was referring to. I found a very long string of posts with various fixes but some were years old and subsequent comments said that problem had been fixed...  In the meanwhile, I moved the Ring Chime to a plug closer to the camera and got a better signal. When I previously had it in that plug, in the ceiling by the garage door opener, it would not connect to Wi-Fi. But I realized that was before I had ORBI. The RBS50's signal is strong enough to reach it there. Now it's closer to the Spotlight Cam, so both signals are better.

So far, so good. Per my original post, another camera has a similar problem. It's working now, but I may have to do more digging to find the post CrimpOn is referring to.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7