Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBS50 keeps disconnecting frequently from RBR

sujay265
Tutor

RBS50 keeps disconnecting frequently from RBR

Hello Folks,

I have an Orbi RBK52 system. A while ago the RBR failed and netgear sent a replacement RBR. Ever since I connected to the existing original RBS I am facing frequent disconnection ( the RBS drops connection every 20 mins. ) the connection between the RBR ant RBS is wired so there is no question of weak wireless signal between then both.
Please can anyone help me with this situation. Firmware version V2.7.3.22. The problem is only with the RBS, as all the devices connected to RBS gets disconnected from internet, while the RBR is perfectly fine.

Regards
Sujay
Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 7

Re: RBS50 keeps disconnecting frequently from RBR

@sujay265 wrote:
Hello Folks,

I have an Orbi RBK52 system. A while ago the RBR failed and netgear sent a replacement RBR.

You have posted your message in the section of this community given over to General WiFi Routers (Non-Nighthawk & Non-Orbi). (This is easily done, given Netgear's complicated community structure.)

Many questions apply to different types of device, so there may be useful responses here, but you might get more help, and find earlier questions and answers specific to your device, in the appropriate section for your hardware. That's probably here:

Orbi - NETGEAR Communities

I will ask the Netgear moderator to move your message.

In the meantime you could visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware. Look at the label on the device for the model number.

You may have done this already. I can't tell from your message.

I mention it because Netgear stopped supplying printed manuals and CD versions some years ago and people sometimes miss the downloads.

Message 2 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Is FW version on RBS the same as on RBR? 

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)📡? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS📡 to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.
https://kb.netgear.com/31029/Where-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite📡

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and 40 to 48 channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update? 

@sujay265 wrote:
Hello Folks,

I have an Orbi RBK52 system. A while ago the RBR failed and netgear sent a replacement RBR. Ever since I connected to the existing original RBS I am facing frequent disconnection ( the RBS drops connection every 20 mins. ) the connection between the RBR ant RBS is wired so there is no question of weak wireless signal between then both.
Please can anyone help me with this situation. Firmware version V2.7.3.22. The problem is only with the RBS, as all the devices connected to RBS gets disconnected from internet, while the RBR is perfectly fine.

Regards
Sujay

Message 3 of 7
sujay265
Tutor

Hello Furry,

My home is about 2400 sq.ft. single floor. The distance between the RBR and RBS is 45 feet wired ethernet connection. 

I am using manual channels 2.4GHz = channel 11 and 5 GHz =  channel 48

I have the Implicit Beamforming, MU-MIMO and Fast Roaming disabled.

I did a factory reset on both the RBR and  RBS, apparently that did not fix the issue.

The firmware version on both the RBR and RBS are same V2.7.3.22

Yes there are atleat 10 Wifi neighbouring SSID that i can see.

The problem is frequent RBS discnnection every 30 min, i have to reebot the RBS unit to get it back online, which takes 8 minutes. This is so frustrating which this happens in the middle of a meeting. Please somone help.

Message 4 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Is the RBS directly connected to the back of the RBR or is there a LAN switch in between the RBR and RBS? 

Does this disconnection happen if you move the RBS to say 30 feet from the RBR and disconnect the ethernet cable from the RBS and let it connect wirelessly? 

Message 5 of 7
sujay265
Tutor

Hi,

The RBS is connected to RBR via a unmanaged 42A4584B-6EE0-4DB5-9961-7B6162617B81.jpegswitch. 

Message 6 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the Mfr and model# of the ethernet switch in the configuration?

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7