Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBS50 no longer showing wired connections

cargillk
Aspirant

RBS50 no longer showing wired connections

Updated firmware to try and address issue with satellite disconnecting intermittently and now it will not allow the wired NAS drive and Laptop I had hardwired to the satellite to connect to the primary network.

In attached devices I can see the NAS and the reserved IP address but my laptop is not being assigned a wired address from the satellite (wi-fi working fine). Cannot access the NAS from wifi (could before).

Any help welcomed. I will be responsive. I am moderately novice but not rookie.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBS50 no longer showing wired connections

Yes, power off everything, then power ON the ISP Modem and let it sync, Then power ON the RBR and let it come to ready, Then power ON the RBS. 

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 9

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware version is currently loaded? What prior version of FW had you loaded? 
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Has a power off for 1 minute then back ON with the ISP modem and Orbi system been performed since last update?

Message 2 of 9
cargillk
Aspirant

Firmware

• Sattelite and RBR50 are at V2.7.2.102 .
  • I have another satellite (RBW30) for the basement that is on V2.6.2.2
  • I upgrade from a 2.1 (I don't remember exactly...is there a way to find?)

Router

• ARRIS GROUP, INC. TG3482G (Xfinity)

Power Off and On

• No. I will try that when my work day is done.
  • To clarify: Shut down all satellites and ISP modems for one minute then power up. Is there a certain sequence that woudl be helpful?
Message 3 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

What mode is your modem in? Router or Modem only?

Your ISP Modem already has a build in router and wifi. This would be a double NAT (two router) condition which isn't recommended. https://kb.netgear.com/30186/What-is-Double-NAT
https://kb.netgear.com/30187/How-to-fix-issues-with-Double-NAT
Couple of options,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge or modem only mode. Then use the Orbi router in router mode. You'll need to contact the ISP for help and information in regards to the modem being bridged correctly.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ/ExposedHost or IP Pass-Through for the IP address the Orbi router gets from the modem. Then you can use the Orbi router in Router mode.
3. Or disable all wifi radios on the modem and connect the Orbi router to the modem, configure AP mode on the Orbi router. https://kb.netgear.com/31218/How-do-I-configure-my-Orbi-router-to-act-as-an-access-point and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7LOcJ8GdDo&app=desktop

Message 4 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Yes, power off everything, then power ON the ISP Modem and let it sync, Then power ON the RBR and let it come to ready, Then power ON the RBS. 

Message 5 of 9
cargillk
Aspirant

• Modem is in bridge mode and antennas are turned off (thankfully another forum halped me do that when we first moved in).
  • I'll update you on the results of my full reset later. Thank you.
Message 6 of 9
cargillk
Aspirant

No luck unfortunately after the full reset. In fact now my NAS isn't even showing as connected.

Interestingly: This afternoon while still working I noticed the NAS showing in the Attached Devices as being on the GUEST NETWORK (which isn't possible as it is hardwired only)...maybe this helps?

Thanks

Message 7 of 9
cargillk
Aspirant

Fourth time was the charm...not sure why but resetting eventually worked.

Message 8 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok, Odd that Guest Network was showing. Shouldn't since NAS is wired. Glad the last reset worked. 

I'd make a backup configuration to file on the RBR for safe keeping. Helps save time if a reset is needed. 

Please mark your thread as solved so others will know. 

Enjoy. 

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7