Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBS50 temporarily loses connection during wifi handoff

cahiatt
Tutor

RBS50 temporarily loses connection during wifi handoff

I did a brief search and want sure if this is covered somewhere. I have an issue where devices connected to an RBS50 will temporarily lose connection when a WiFi device is passed between the RBS50 and RBR50. The RBS50 is on a wired backhaul and everything works normally otherwise. I currently have a computer, security camera and TV hardwired to the RBS50 also. I have not noticed the issue to wired devices connected to the RBR50. They are setup in AP mode.

Basically I'll be watching TV or using the computer and both will report the wired connection lost. I can be logged into the RBR50 interface and see a WiFi device has just moved over and about 30 seconds later the computer and TV are showing the wired connection is back up again. The security camera will also show a drop in the video feed for a few seconds also.

If there something going on in the background that temporarily interrupts the wired connection when a WiFi device gets moved between APs?
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBS50 temporarily loses connection during wifi handoff

What Firmware is currently loaded? Has a factory reset and set up from scratch been performed after any FW updates? 

What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem and the main host router, the NG router is connected too?

What is the Mfr and model# of the ethernet switch if one is in the configuration.

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between them to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Try enabling Fast Roaming, Beamforming and MIMO(MIMO may or maynot be needed) and WMM. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Try disabling the following and see:
Daisy Chain, IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s).

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7