Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBS50 with RBR50 won't sync unless like 10ft apart, with firmware 2.1.1.16.

mumbles76
Star

RBS50 with RBR50 won't sync unless like 10ft apart, with firmware 2.1.1.16.

Hello All,

Will firmware 2.1.1.16 really screwed my entire system. I have one RBR50 and two RBS50's in the house, and it was all working fine. But some new firmware update got applied and now everything has turned to crap.

Firstly, i've done everything, including turning off uPnP which caused my wifi to go down entirely, i had to factory reset everything just to get an SSID broadcasting again. WTF.

Then, i finally get the router going, and try to connect my satellites in their previous position in the house. Solid magentas. So i bring them like 10 ft from the router, sync, and they get connected. I bring them back to their position in the house and again, solid magenta.

WTF is going on here? Is there a known solid firmware i can force on these things? And can you apply it using a USB cable?

This is so tiring.... it's happened to me a handful of times now. I spent over $750 on this stuff and then they want $50 for premium support. I bought a premium product. Work with me here NetGear, work with me here...

Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only), RBS50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Satellite Only)
Message 1 of 3
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello mumbles76

You can try the latest beta firmware that you can get from here

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/OrbiOS-2-1-1/m-p/1477360#M20002

Or you are able to roll back to the 2.0 firmware that is located on the orbi support pages.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 3
mumbles76
Star

No better, now i have devices dropping...

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7