Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBS50Y Firmware Canada

darrenplumb
Aspirant

RBS50Y Firmware Canada

Hi There, I live just outside Toronto and have a RBS50Y (bought in the US) Outdoor running on my system. Suddenly it stopped working and would not update. I have done a factory reset of my system and got it running again. I wanted to know what firmware I should be running on that... Currently I am running V2.3.5.32

When I access the updates through my web browser it tells me "update failed". Does anyone have any experience with this?

I can of course manually update. I was not sure which firmware to download and install.

Many thanks in advance.

Model: RBS50Y|High Performance AC3000 Outdoor WiFi Mesh Extender and Add-on Satellite
Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBS50Y Firmware Canada

Find all different variences of FW for RBSY here:

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/RBS50Y.aspx#download

Message 2 of 6
darrenplumb
Aspirant

Thanks for your feedback. I did see that site earlier. Just wasn't sure which one I should use. Setting this stuff up is not my area of brilliance.

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

If you have the RBSY connected to a Orbi home model system, then I believe what you have is correct. If you have a Orbi Pro, the use the Orbi Pro version for the RBSY. If your using a non NG wifi router, then you'll need to use the Extender mode FW on the RBSY. 

Message 4 of 6
darrenplumb
Aspirant

Thank you for you assistance. I appreciate that

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors