Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBS50Y and options for connecting

VinayB
Follower

RBS50Y and options for connecting

Hi,

I want to set up the following - a 3 x Orbi daisy-chained mesh, with the 2 satellites outdoor

So, a few questions:

1. Can the RBS50Y daisy chain to another RBS50Y?

2. Is there a specific Router I need that is compatible with the RBS50Y?

I have an RBR40 and 2 x RBS40 at the moment (at a different property than what I need the kit above for). These daisy chain but I think need to be in the '40' series to be compatible

Therefore, I wondered with the outdoor 50, dies that need a specific Orbi base router?

The other question was daiy chaining.

The set-up will be indoor Orbi --to-- outdoor satellite on terrace on same floor --to-- outdoor satellite on terrace on floor above

Thanks

Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: RBS50Y and options for connecting

@VinayB wrote:

Hi,

I want to set up the following - a 3 x Orbi daisy-chained mesh, with the 2 satellites outdoor

So, a few questions:

1. Can the RBS50Y daisy chain to another RBS50Y?

2. Is there a specific Router I need that is compatible with the RBS50Y?

I have an RBR40 and 2 x RBS40 at the moment (at a different property than what I need the kit above for). These daisy chain but I think need to be in the '40' series to be compatible

Therefore, I wondered with the outdoor 50, dies that need a specific Orbi base router?

The other question was daiy chaining.

The set-up will be indoor Orbi --to-- outdoor satellite on terrace on same floor --to-- outdoor satellite on terrace on floor above

Thanks

The orbi outdoor satellites will daisy chain off each other since the 2.0 firmware update. 

In terms of needed base, you need either RBR50, RBR40, or SRR60 for the base hub.  Keep in mind that it'll work with the RBR40 but the backhaul for the RBR40 series is 2:2 and not the 4:4 of the 50 series or the pro 60 series. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7