Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBS50v2 Causing Packet Loss

RookA
Aspirant

RBS50v2 Causing Packet Loss

Hi all,

As of about 2 weeks ago I have been experiencing some packet loss and high ping issues (5+ spikes per minute from 500-3000ms) when connected to my ORBI Satellite.  

My setup for the last 10 months has been an IP Passthrough from my AT&T modem (Arris BGW210-700) to my RBR50v2 on my 1st floor with one RBS50v2 on my 2nd floor.  I then had an ethernet connection from my satellite to my primary PC.

I discovered the satellite was the cause when I decided to unplug it to take it out of the equation.  Ping became consistent 30-40ms. So, I could live without the satellite for the most part, but without it my internet speed goes from 500down/350up with the Satellite to about 50down/50up without the satellite.  I also notice other devices (primarily cell phones) upstairs are much slower without the satellite connected

But the secondary issue is the satellite seems to be unable to reconnect. 

1st step - I attempted a simple power cycle...No success

2nd step - I thought firmware - Router recently updated to the newest version but due to the connectivity issues, my satellite didn't.  I connected it to my pc via ethernet and was able to log in via the satellite IP and manually update....No success

3rd step - I attempted a factory reset on the satellite... No success

4th step - As a last resort I performed a factory reset on the router and satellite once more... No success

My satellite will appear to be syncing and give me a blue light, but it's status displayed on orbilogin.net is constantly "config sync".  Also, it does not appear on the firmware page.  On the orbi app it will show Magenta and say 0 devices connected.

The real kicker here is if I plug in my pc to the satellite via ethernet after all of this, it will still connect, my speedtest will return 500down/350up.  However, the packet loss and ping spikes return.

It seems like i have done a lot of work to just upate my satellite's firmware, but no really traction to solving my problem.

TLDR:

I have 2 issues:

1.) Packet loss and ping spikes over 1500ms when connected to my satellite. Limited internet speed when not connected to the satellite.

2.) My Satellite is acting like it syncs (gives pulsing white then solid blue), but orbilogin.net and app won't recognize it as connected.  

Appreciate any help others can offer!

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBS50v2 Causing Packet Loss

What Firmware version is currently loaded on the RBR and RBS?

Try removing any prior satellite connectes seen on the RBRs web page, apply and reboot the RBR then try to re-sync the RBS. Do this while in same room with the RBR and RBS.

Has a factory reset been performed on both RBR and RBS? 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7