Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBS850 Satellite - not connecting and Netgear customer service is HORRIBLE

CrazyEddie
Apprentice

RBS850 Satellite - not connecting and Netgear customer service is HORRIBLE

I have been on a customer support call for 1:40 (yes, one hour and forty minutes). I've spoken to 6 people. All but one have said they were the wrong person and then proceeded to misroute my call - over and over and over.  One guy admitted he wasn't trained the device (it is much "higher end" than his training), so he at least attempted to help. That was two agents ago. The current hold was allegedly because a prior agent had put in the wrong hardware item (my router instead of the satellite), so he asked me to "please hold for two minutes while I change the file". Ha!

I have no clue what to do - no one at the company seems to know anything. I guess I spent too much and should have purchased a lower tier product?  Good news is that I can just return it.

Now, in case anyone in the Community can help - I've been successfully running a RB850 router and one satellite for 6 months. Adding the second one has been the problem. I've got it showing up in my web interface but with a backhaul status of disconnected. i've tried connecting with an ethernet cable (it worked), but the satellite was no longer found after I disconnected the cable.

Message 1 of 3
DaveEdmonds
Guide

Re: RBS850 Satellite - not connecting and Netgear customer service is HORRIBLE

I was unable to get my sattelite recognized and connected using the IOS app. When I tried the "I don't have a compatible phone" link and opened it in a browser on my laptop, all went as expected. As well when I ran the Orbi App on my iPad it as well was successful. The phone App seems pretty buggy.

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBS850 Satellite - not connecting and Netgear customer service is HORRIBLE

What Firmware version is currently loaded?

If you got a new RBS, then the RBS FW may need to be updated to same version as what is currently loaded on RBR first before the RBS will connect.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7