Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBW30 - Update Failed

stevefxp
Apprentice

RBW30 - Update Failed

Hello all,

I recently updated my RBW30 to v2.3.0.4. I am noticing that its saying it has a firmware update but the update failed. Anyone seeing this?

Steve

RBW30.png

Model: RBW30| Orbi Wall Plug Satellite
Message 1 of 29
FURRYe38
Guru

Are you on Mac or Windows? 

What browser are you using?

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/RBW30-Firmware-2-3-0-4/td-p/1721905/jump-to/first-unread-messa...

@stevefxp wrote:

Hello all,

I recently updated my RBW30 to v2.3.0.4. I am noticing that its saying it has a firmware update but the update failed. Anyone seeing this?

Steve

RBW30.png

Message 2 of 29
stevefxp
Apprentice

It seems a reboot took care of this!

Message 3 of 29
FURRYe38
Guru

Ah good to hear. 

Mark your thread as solved so others will know. 

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 29
guppybeast
Aspirant

Screen Shot 2019-03-22 at 9.32.02 AM.png

I'm having the same issue, but a reboot didn't solve things. Rebooted the router and the RBW30 and even did a factory reset on the satellite, but still showing "Update Failed" every time, which is preventing the other devices from auto-updating.

Message 5 of 29
FURRYe38
Guru

Are you using Mac or Windows PC?

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/RBW30-Firmware-2-3-0-4/td-p/1721905/jump-to/first-unread-messa...

Try manually downloading the FW file for the RBW and apply usnig the Manual Update tab.

@guppybeast wrote:

Screen Shot 2019-03-22 at 9.32.02 AM.png

I'm having the same issue, but a reboot didn't solve things. Rebooted the router and the RBW30 and even did a factory reset on the satellite, but still showing "Update Failed" every time, which is preventing the other devices from auto-updating.

Message 6 of 29
Chuck_M
Mentor

You may also want to power off the satellite you are having issues with, update the remaining ones, and then repower the satellite to see if that allows you to update the firmware.

Message 7 of 29
Warshock
Aspirant

RBR50 constantly showing white led. Need help

Early morning my orbi was still ok. Was still able to access internet. All of the sudden the internet got cut off and orbi jus shows steady white light at the top. I tried resetting, restarting but still steady white. I tried following instructions to manually load fw using tftp64 but im stuck when i turn off the router then turn on after 10s i did not get any orange power LED and no flashing. Im stuxk right now
Message 8 of 29
guppybeast
Aspirant

I'm on Windows - 2.3.0.4 is already installed and working fine - it just seems to think there's an additional update that is failing. I don't see anywhere to download that - if I go to the RBW30 support page, 2.3.0.4 is the latest firmware posted

Message 9 of 29
grservidio
Aspirant

I have the same issue; I get the status that the firmware update failed.  Do I need to downgrade to a previous vesion to resolve this?

Regards,

Jerry Servidio

Message 10 of 29
guppybeast
Aspirant

I disconnected the RBW30 (unplugged it) and was able to auto-update the firmware on my RBR50 and RBS50 to 2.3.1.44, but after plugging the RBW30 back in, it still shows a current firmware of 2.3.0.4 and "Update failed" as the status

Message 11 of 29
zorlan
Aspirant

Same issue here- every device is on the latest firmware.  I have 2 RBW30 satellites which always try to download the firmware and then report the update has failed. I believe the system does not recognize that they are already updated or something.  Al 4 orbi devices were manually updated as none of them would auto update.

powered both RBW30s down, rebooted main router, reinstalled current firmware but the issue is still occurring.  

Message 12 of 29
GT0113
Aspirant

I am encountering the same failure message on the RBW30. I have power cycled the RBW30 and also tried rebooting all of my Orbis (RBK50) and it still fails. I also tried manually updating the firmware again. Strange.

Message 13 of 29
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 14 of 29
GT0113
Aspirant

I am using macOS Mojave.

Message 15 of 29
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok, seeing issues on Mac. You don't have a windows PC by chance? 

@GT0113 wrote:

I am using macOS Mojave.

@Blanca_O 

Message 16 of 29
GT0113
Aspirant

I just tried from a Windows 7 machine using IE 11 and have the exact same behavior - Update failed. The RBW30's firmware is currently at V2.3.0.4.

Message 17 of 29
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok, I believe it's updated to the latest then. 

I would factory reset it and setup from scratch...

@GT0113 wrote:

I just tried from a Windows 7 machine using IE 11 and have the exact same behavior - Update failed. The RBW30's firmware is currently at V2.3.0.4.

Message 18 of 29
adhodgson
Aspirant

Hi,

I have the exact same issue. My RBR50 and RBS50s can update fine but the update is not going through due to RBW30. This is a recently factory reset unit after I upgraded to 2.3 firmware and I don't wish to do this again as I believe the issue is that it is failing to download the update file somewhere rather than a problem with the firmware itself. I have tried both from OSX and Windows (not that it would make a difference). One for Netgear to resolve I guess.

Andrew.

Message 19 of 29
FURRYe38
Guru

Are you trying to apply the FW update thru the Orbi or thru the RBWs web page? 

What versions currently loaded on the RBW? Besure you factory reset and setup again to be sure the FW did update or didn't and try again from Windows. Try using IE11 or FF browsers. 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Firmware-update-for-RBK33-Mac-OS-High-Sierra-not-working-V2-3-...

@adhodgson wrote:

Hi,

I have the exact same issue. My RBR50 and RBS50s can update fine but the update is not going through due to RBW30. This is a recently factory reset unit after I upgraded to 2.3 firmware and I don't wish to do this again as I believe the issue is that it is failing to download the update file somewhere rather than a problem with the firmware itself. I have tried both from OSX and Windows (not that it would make a difference). One for Netgear to resolve I guess.

Andrew.

Message 20 of 29
adhodgson
Aspirant

Hi,

When I woke this morning I got a notification on my phone that my Orbi had automatically updated. When I quickly checked before leaving for work the RBR50 and 2 RBS50s had upgraded to 2.3.1.44 but the RBW30 was still on 2.3.0.4 firmware. It all seems fine and not sure whether Netgear did anything at their end to pull the firmware metadata from the RBW30, I will check the upgrade status on the Orbi web page later this evening when I get home. To answer the question about whether I did this from the Orbi webpage or manual upgrade, as the upgrade files don't appear to be on the Netgear website I can only do this via the Orbi interface (I primarily use the web pages but have the app installed as well just for giggles).

Thanks.
Andrew.

Message 21 of 29
FURRYe38
Guru

.4 is the latest for the RBW. 

Let us know how it goes for you. You should be good. 

I would do a backup of the configuration to file ON the RBR. 

@adhodgson wrote:

Hi,

When I woke this morning I got a notification on my phone that my Orbi had automatically updated. When I quickly checked before leaving for work the RBR50 and 2 RBS50s had upgraded to 2.3.1.44 but the RBW30 was still on 2.3.0.4 firmware. It all seems fine and not sure whether Netgear did anything at their end to pull the firmware metadata from the RBW30, I will check the upgrade status on the Orbi web page later this evening when I get home. To answer the question about whether I did this from the Orbi webpage or manual upgrade, as the upgrade files don't appear to be on the Netgear website I can only do this via the Orbi interface (I primarily use the web pages but have the app installed as well just for giggles).

Thanks.
Andrew.

Message 22 of 29
grservidio
Aspirant

I noticed today when I checked for a firmware update, I now see the following:

Screen Shot 2019-03-28 at 10.10.45 PM.png

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System, RBW30| Orbi Wall Plug Satellite
Message 23 of 29
FURRYe38
Guru

Thats great. You have the latest FW for your devices. 

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

@grservidio wrote:

I noticed today when I checked for a firmware update, I now see the following:

Screen Shot 2019-03-28 at 10.10.45 PM.png

Message 24 of 29
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @zorlan @guppybeast @GT0113

Were you able to update the firmware this time? 

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 25 of 29
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 28 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 10 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7