Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBW30 firmware v2.6.2.6 update fails

sarok01
Follower

RBW30 firmware v2.6.2.6 update fails

unable to update my rbw30 firmware to v2.6.2.6.  i tried through the app as well as manually. when i download the firmware from the website, it is missing the .img file.

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
KevinLiT
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: RBW30 firmware v2.6.2.6 update fails

Hello Luke1965,

Thank you for your post!

The firmware file for your RBW30 will have the file Extention .chk. There are no firmware files missing from the download link:

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/RBW30.aspx#download

If your RBW30 is on the firmware version 2.6.2.6 the error message "Update Failed" can be disregarded.

Best,

Kevin

Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6

All Replies
KevinLiT
NETGEAR Moderator

Hello sarok01,

Welcome to the NETGEAR Community!

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention!

I will escalate this issue to my team for correction.

Best,

Kevin

Community Team

Message 2 of 6
Luke1965
Tutor

Hi! I also on my RBW30 (with firmware 2.6.2.6) when checking for updates on web orbi page shows “update failed” (and give me also an error on App Orbi IOS Apple on IPhone)  meanwhile the other satellite and router RB40 has a response of no new firmware available. I tried rebooting and resetting and downgraded firmware without success! Do you manage to solve this iusse or find a fix? Best regards and ciao from Italy! Luke 

Message 3 of 6
KevinLiT
NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Luke1965,

Thank you for your post!

The firmware file for your RBW30 will have the file Extention .chk. There are no firmware files missing from the download link:

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/RBW30.aspx#download

If your RBW30 is on the firmware version 2.6.2.6 the error message "Update Failed" can be disregarded.

Best,

Kevin

Community Team

Message 4 of 6
Luke1965
Tutor

Thanks a lot for your suggestion! Best regards 

Luke

Message 5 of 6
sastanley71
Aspirant

I was having a similar issue trying to update my RBW30. I thought I would share my experience to help others.

My setup: CBR40 router + RBW30 satellite and RBS20 satellite

Environment: Google Chrome logged into the local Orbi web interface.

I had checked via "Online Update" for firmware updates and the report back was no firmware available, even though there are updates to both satellites available thru their respective product pages, so I downloaded firmware files for manual update.

Successfully updated RBS20 using the manual firmware update in the local Orbi web interface.

Refreshed the browser, and checked the box to select the RBW30 and manually update the firmware. When I selected the file and clicked the upload button, I was getting an error, "The firmware file is incorrect!"...After several attempts,  I clicked on the "status" menu option for the satellite, I realized I was still logged into the RBS20!. Once I manually changed the IP address in the browser over to the RBW30, the update went smoothly.

I was sure I had the correct satellite checked in the update section, but in my case, it was probably a caching problem with my browser, so I was trying to upload the RBW30 firmware to the RBS20. Fortunately, the Netgear folks double check all that so users like me don't accidentally send the wrong files to the wrong hardware!

Cheers.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7