Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBW30 needs to be unplugged frequently

LetsGoDevils
Tutor

RBW30 needs to be unplugged frequently

Good afternoon,

I purchased an RBK33 system a few weeks back and after a strenuous installation using the app, I tried installation via orbilogin.net and think I got everything up and running properly. Just recently I started noticing that when my phone moves towards the area of the house with the RBW30 plugin satellite, my wifi "dies" with an IP configuration error. After turning my phones wifi off and then on i notice the satellite will not assign an IP address to the phone.  I then need to unplug and plug back in the satellite and finally it works again. I've had to do this almost daily, for the past 4 days unfortunately. Does anyone know what's wrong? Is there a way to somehow specifically test wall satellites? Finally - i just saw a post that ALL routers and satellites have to "be on the same firmware version". How is this possible with the RBW30 and RBR?30?. Thank you very much!

Model: RBW30| Orbi Wall Plug Satellite
Message 1 of 9
2XS
Initiate
Initiate

Betreff: RBW30 needs to be unplugged frequently

good questions and exactly the same experience for me, although its RBK50 with me for the "main"-system.

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System, RBW30| Orbi Wall Plug Satellite
Message 2 of 9
LetsGoDevils
Tutor

Hello? Anyone from Netgear going to help? Otherwise I can return this orbi until May 10
Message 3 of 9
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

What firmware version is your main router on and the rbw30?

DarrenM

Message 4 of 9
LetsGoDevils
Tutor

Main router - 2.1.4.10
Rbw30 - 2.1.3.6
Message 5 of 9
LetsGoDevils
Tutor

Also under advanced wireless settings - Enable MU-MIMO is checked and the other 2 are NOT checked (enable implicit beamforming and fast roaming). Should I check those?
Message 6 of 9
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

I want to get you in contact with support I sent you a PM

DarrenM

Message 7 of 9
LetsGoDevils
Tutor

Hello - I PM'ed you back immediately and still haven't heard back from support. And now I've lost the ability to return this item and am stuck with it. And to add, NOW I learn that this network acts up with my Google home and chromecast audios. I wish I could return this over priced junk.
Message 8 of 9
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello LetsGoDevils

I am very sorry that you have not been contacted I escalated your info again to support they should be reaching out to you.

DarrenM

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7