Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBW30 problem

vugopuri
Follower

RBW30 problem

I have an Orbi RBW30 connected into a network with a few other satellites as well.

Guest network works for the other parts of the network, but not this specific satellite. Was working fine until last night. Reboot of this and the main router did nothing to restore it. It transmits SSID and devices can connect, but there is no connectivity to the internet.

Any advice short of a factory reset? I'm running the latest firmware, and hoping to avoid a reset and start over, so looking for other pointers and if a reset actually works before I get into doing that.

Thanks!

Model: RBW30|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Add-on Satellite
Message 1 of 4
vajim
Master

Re: RBW30 problem

@vugopuri wrote:

I have an Orbi RBW30 connected into a network with a few other satellites as well.

Guest network works for the other parts of the network, but not this specific satellite. Was working fine until last night. Reboot of this and the main router did nothing to restore it. It transmits SSID and devices can connect, but there is no connectivity to the internet.

Any advice short of a factory reset? I'm running the latest firmware, and hoping to avoid a reset and start over, so looking for other pointers and if a reset actually works before I get into doing that.

Thanks!

Isn't the RBW30 an extender?  How do you know it's not working?  What are you using to look at your network?

Message 2 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware version is currently loaded the RBW Satellie and RBK system?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.
https://kb.netgear.com/31029/Where-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite

Try disabling the following and see:
Armor, Circle, Daisy Chain, Fast Roaming, IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Set Short preamble instead of Long preamble modes. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s).

One User Experience/Configuration:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Most-Stable-Orbi-Configuration/m-p/1941087/highlight/true#M970...

What happens if you turn OFF all RBS and just try to sync the RBW to the RBR? 

@vugopuri wrote:

Thanks!

Message 3 of 4
vajim
Master

Isn't the RBW30 an extender? How do you know it's not working? What are you using to look at your network?

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7