Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBW30 satellite dead

albanc
Initiate

RBW30 satellite dead

After 20 months of usage, my satellite looks dead. No light whatsover. I unplugged / replug the poor thing a few time, no light do be shown.

The unit makes a slight noise when plug, but that's pretty much all it does. I tried to reset it, to no avail. I tried it on every power socket in my house, nothing... The app won't see any satellite.

I have no way to contact netgear support as my warranty is of course over, and my researches have not been very fruitful.

So I'm here for a loast chance.

Does anyone already encourter this and found a solution ? Or Am I poised to throw this thing in the garbage, buy a new mesh router solution and tell everyone I know to avoid Netgear like the black plague ?

Model: RBW30|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Add-on Satellite
Message 1 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: RBW30 satellite dead

Darn, I wish Netgear published a separate "User Manual" for the RBW30.  I don't see where the "reset" hole is on it.

I am not comfortable commenting on the "app" (I use almost exclusively the Orbi web interface with a web browser.)

If "nothing ever lights up", then it may well be dead, and you face the awkward decision of "do I throw it ALL out and purchase an entirely new system or do I purchase a new Orbi statellite and hope to get 20 more months out of it.?"

p.s. Love reference to the "plague".  Much more classical than "COVID-19"

Message 2 of 3
albanc
Initiate

Re: RBW30 satellite dead

The reset button is on the side next to the sync button, and in my situation, does pretty much nothing (I held it for like 30 seconds to be sure).

There are a couple of manula you can find on the web 

http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/RBW30/RBW30_QSG_EN.pdf

https://www.netgear.com/images/datasheet/orbi/RBW30.pdf

Yeah, the app or the web interface are both showing nothing.

Buying another satellite is out of question as they go for almost as much as I paid for the whole system ($150 vs $180) which would bring the final price of this fragile piece of hardware to as much as a more robust and reliable one (at least for one made by a company that doesn requires you to pay a premium to provide support)

First and last netgear product for me!

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7