Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RN212 not connecting to internet for Virus update

jbnavy94
Aspirant

RN212 not connecting to internet for Virus update

I just moved the location of my RN212 to a new house.  Setup fine.  Backing up all data on PC's fine.  I can't get it to connect to the Internet to do an Anti-Virus update.  I have the NAS wired to a home network that has a Netgear GS2018E switch.  Internet comes in through a Sattelite modem also plugged into the switch.  The NAS was previously connected directly to a Nighthawk Wireless Router.

Welcome feedback. 
Thanks,

JB

Model: RN212|2 BAY Desktop ReadyNAS Storage
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: RN212 not connecting to internet for Virus update

Oh, my.  This forum is basically for users of the original Netgear Orbi WiFi routers.  Sounds to me like you will be more likely to get an informed response by (a) finding a Netgear user forum for the NAS system (I believe they are found under "Business Solutions" rather than "Home Networking", or (b) figuring out how things work with the new internet modem/router.

Doesn't seem to me that there is anything people on this forum can offer an opinion on.

Sorry.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: RN212 not connecting to internet for Virus update

Oh, my.  This forum is basically for users of the original Netgear Orbi WiFi routers.  Sounds to me like you will be more likely to get an informed response by (a) finding a Netgear user forum for the NAS system (I believe they are found under "Business Solutions" rather than "Home Networking", or (b) figuring out how things work with the new internet modem/router.

Doesn't seem to me that there is anything people on this forum can offer an opinion on.

Sorry.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7