Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Radio Transmit Power control new firmware

passdj2002
Guide

Radio Transmit Power control new firmware

I just done the firmware upgrade but I still cannot control the radio transmit power.. anyone can help me with this issue?  

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
JMU1998
Luminary

@passdj2002 unfortunately the ability to turn off a particular radio completely off is not available in many threads this feature and ability and option to do so has been discussed and requested.  the ability to adjust radio power was just recently re added back for a while that option was taken away top...best u can do now is set the 2.4GHz to 25% can't turn I off completely as of this moment maybe in a future Firmware it may be an option.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 8

All Replies
martyfp
Luminary

You need version 2.0.0.72 or .74

The power control is in the Advanced Settings, under Advanced Setup/Wireless Settings.

You should see separate "Transmit Power Control" settings for 2.4 and 5GHz. 

Message 2 of 8
passdj2002
Guide

here's my settings (sorry they are in italian) I don't have transmit  power control..

Message 3 of 8
Steven_Belfast
Apprentice

The image you posted shows the option for transmit power control both on 100%
Message 4 of 8
JMU1998
Luminary

@passdj2002 click on the down arrow to see options for 75%, 50%, 25% radio power adjustment selection options

Message 5 of 8
passdj2002
Guide

Ok I understand.. but if I want to transmit wifi only in 5ghz what I have to  do to stop the transmission of the 2.4ghz signal?

Message 6 of 8
JMU1998
Luminary

@passdj2002 unfortunately the ability to turn off a particular radio completely off is not available in many threads this feature and ability and option to do so has been discussed and requested.  the ability to adjust radio power was just recently re added back for a while that option was taken away top...best u can do now is set the 2.4GHz to 25% can't turn I off completely as of this moment maybe in a future Firmware it may be an option.

Message 7 of 8
reddle01
Aspirant

Is there a telnet command to set the transmit power? I have an RBR50, RBS50, RBW30 and would like to change the 5Ghz transmit power on the RBW30 to much lower. I have issues were devices are not connecting to the ORBI on their floor and connecting 1 or 2 floors away. I have already tried the Fast Switch option, hasn't helped.

And for what it's worth all the MAC (iphone, ipad, MAcbook) devices prefer the RBW30 and will always connect to it. Sometimes the fail auth on the RBR and RBS, but never on the RBW. Honestly sometimes I have to walk upstairs to get them to connect to the RBW30.... 

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7