Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Raident Heating

PeterAlex
Follower

Raident Heating

Hello,
I have a narrow 3 story house with raident heating on all floors. How well does Orbi penetrate these infloor system. If your not familiar with raident heating, it's plastic tubing run in the floors which hot water is pumped through. The bigger issue is most systems are strapped up with a layer of foil to reflect the heat back up to the floor. I have 7 Velop nodes now which are hit and miss. My best friend says to replace what I have with Orbi. Thoughts from anyone are greatly appreciated.
Message 1 of 2
tucsontico
Virtuoso

Re: Raident Heating

Your issue with radiant heating in the floor is very common. The problem is not the tubing but the foil used to reflect heat into the room. Any metallic object will disrupt all RF energy in some way. The higher the RF frequency (e.g.,5 gHz) the more it is effected. The lower the frequency (e.g., 2.4 gHz) the less it is effected. Additionally, non-metallic building materials can cause similar absorption and reflection (e.g., concrete or metal wall studs). Almost any router will struggle to get good wireless signals in your type of home. 

If you decide to try an ORBI, I recommend hard wiring the satellites to the router via ethernet cables. That way you can place the router on the main living floor and a satellite on each floor. This should give you the best coverage. Good luck! 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7