Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Random disconnects on Orbi

Acdc2704
Tutor

Random disconnects on Orbi

I've had my Orbi for 3 weeks now and when it works I love it.  It's very random skmetomea it will happen twice a day sometimes it will fine for days then just randomly will flash white disconnects for about 2 minutes comes back up and starts working again. Any idea what it can be? It wouldn't be so bad but I work from home some disconnects during the work day are really annoying. Any help is appreciated my wife wants me to return it.

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 7
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Random disconnects on Orbi

Hello Asdc2704

Have you checked your modem to make sure its not losing internet connection?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 7
timngo32
Aspirant

I'm running into the same issue all of the sudden. It's been for about 10 days or so, everything had been working perfect up until then. I recent updated to RBR50-Firmware-Version-1-12-0-18 but still have the same problem. Did the factory reset, just disconnected again... Starting to get sad that this great tech might not be working properly...

Message 3 of 7
pdog881
Aspirant

I am using the most updated firmware 1.12.0.18 and have done factory reset.  Still haveing disconnects.  HELP!

Message 4 of 7
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello pdog881

I have sent you a pm

DarrenM

Message 5 of 7
sunnyyan
Initiate

I have the 3 pack Orbi AC3000 from Costco. Several connection drops per day before and after the latest firmware V1.12.018. I thought it was my Comcast service issue for a few weeks then I missed the return deadline to Costco. Now, I'm stuck with a $500 system worse than wireless routers I had less than 1/3 of cost.  I'm tired and fed up by this and false sense of hope the next firmware will solve this issue.

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 6 of 7
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello sunnyyan

Have you tried a factory reset on the unit since the latest firmware update?

DarrenM

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7