Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Range of RBR40

hlsarge
Aspirant

Range of RBR40

i know the RBR40 is said to have 2000 sq.ft. of coverage, but is the range listed anywhere?

Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: Range of RBR40

Indoor range? 

Outdoor range? 

Its a bit varible because internal to a house the construction of a home impacts it big time. both with what the interior walls are made of, how many there are, and what the exterior walls are made of. 

What are you trying to achieve? That might help rather than give you a number that might not be accurate to your situation

Message 2 of 4
hlsarge
Aspirant

If the router is sitting in a window and the satellite is in a window of a different building so there is direct line of sight, how far apart can they be?

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

Its variable. And some of it is based on speeds. If you don't need a 200mbps connection, then you can be further away. 

I've got one setup at my parents (not in a window) that spans about 150ft between 2 buildings. It stretches the distance but they've got pretty slow dsl so its fine for them. 

I can't give you an exact range or distance because many variables impact it. Generally that 100ft + tends to start getting sketchy and situation dependent. but I've also seen ones that are 75ft away have issues. 

So if you're debating buying one, buy from somewhere with a good return policy in case it has issues. 

Or just bury an underground ethernet wire and hardwire the 2 buildings together. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7