Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Rb50 constant traffic interruptions

bashfulrobot
Tutor

Rb50 constant traffic interruptions

I just got my Orbi system in December. I constantly have issues where devices take forever to load (if at all) web pages, on the internet and the lan. As well as things like my Roku accessing my Plex server (lan). If I reboot the router, all restores for a period of time. Then it fails at a later time. Could be 1 hour, could be days. I have updated, and reset. I just installed the latest firmware that supports the circle app as well. Just to see if it helped. Also periodically, devices on my system will go into the "paused" state and will not work until I log in and un pause then. My experience started out really good, but is rapidly going down hill.

Any ideas?
Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Rb50 constant traffic interruptions

What FW version did you install?

Was a full factory reset performed on both Router and Satellite(s) then set up from scratch? 

Whats the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the Orbi is connected to?

What channels are you using? 

Message 2 of 12
bashfulrobot
Tutor

Sorry - missed your reply.

FW is sitting a V 2.1.2.18. Reports that it is the most recent. However I just noticed that another is available for download even though the admin interface states that it is up to date. But I have another thread open trying to address those questions.

A full factory reset was done earlier in my troubleshooting.

As for the model of hte camble modem... Hitron CGNM-2250

For the channels - 5ghz is sitting on  Channel 48, nd 2.4 is set to "auto"

Thank you.

Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only)
Message 3 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

I recommend that you Update FW to v2.1.3.4, as you can manually download the files and update yourself. Update the satellite first then the router. Factor reset and set up from scratch after the update.

Your modem has a built in router and wifi:

http://www.hitron-americas.com/product/cgnm-2250/

Is this modem bridged and wireless disabled? It should be or use its DMZ for the Orbi router or use the modem as your main host router and configure the Orbi system in AP mode.

Message 4 of 12
bashfulrobot
Tutor

I have the modem setup as a bridge (wireless disabled), and the orbi deals with all things.

Message 5 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

Good to know.

I recommend that you Update FW to v2.1.3.4, as you can manually download the files and update yourself. Update the satellite first then the router. Factor reset and set up from scratch after the update

Message 6 of 12
bashfulrobot
Tutor

I have done the upgrade, and I'm continuing to monitor it. The biggest hits from running into now, is that randomly devices will end up paused. And then they will lose internet access and I will have to go and unpause them.
Message 7 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

Did you factory reset and set up from scratch after the update? 

Message 8 of 12
bashfulrobot
Tutor

Yes I did. Still getting traffic slow downs periodically too.
Message 9 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

Both wired and wireless devices? 

What channels are you using on the router? Try manual 1, 6 or 11. Any unused channels on 5Ghz. 

Try setting 40Mhz only channel width.

Disable IPv6.

Set manual DNS addresses, 1.1.1.1 and 9.9.9.9 on the router under Internet Settings. 

Disable MIMO, Daisy Chain and Fast Roaming on the router and reboot. 

Message 10 of 12
bashfulrobot
Tutor

I did. The unit was setup from scratch.
Message 11 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

Let us know if the other suggestions help any...

Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7