Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Rbk40 router loses conection

Naturaledge42
Follower

Rbk40 router loses conection

Bought the rbk40 setup and after installing, firm wate update to 2.1.1.16. After update satelite crapped out and was sent back for a replacement. (Still waiting for new on).

Running just the router and it keeps dropping the internet connection to my modem.  Reset router via tiny hole on the back. Power light flashes orange when holding reset button. Router connects then drops connection, reconnects then drops again and again, then no conndction at all.

Reset modem, changed when the roter plug in to modem to no avail. Paud way too much for this system to be soendingvso much time tryingnto get it to work. Ready to return the whole thing,

Model: RBK40| Orbi AC2200 WiFi System
Message 1 of 5
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Rbk40 router loses conection

Hello Naturaledge42

I have sent you a PM.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 5
Blcklab
Apprentice

@DarrenM is there a timeline or update to fixing the well documented problems with 2.1.1.16? Netgear stated they halted the update however many people are already stuck with it. I assume Netgear had a lot of returns due the fact this landed during one of the busiest times of the year. 

Please advise. Like many users here I will need to seek an alternative if this goes on too long. It's a shame because I bought orbi based on it's power and range but might have to go to Google or a slower but arguably more stable product. 

Message 3 of 5
Vortjong
Aspirant

Same probleem, same software version. Is iT possible to revert to an oleer firmware version?

Message 4 of 5
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Yes you can revert back to 2.0 as 2.1 is not on the auto update server.

DarrenM

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7