Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Rbk40 still randomly dropping connection after new update

Specxlar
Follower

Rbk40 still randomly dropping connection after new update

My system still drops connection every once and a while which is especially annoying when I’m playing online games. My Xbox one is wired to one of the satellites. When it works, it works great, but the drops are killing me. Anyone know of any fixes?
Model: RBK40| Orbi AC2200 WiFi System
Message 1 of 3
Rayner
Aspirant

Re: Rbk40 still randomly dropping connection after new update

I am also experiencing the same issue, I had tried to downgrade or update to the most recent firmware but still the same issue. 
Had many issues ever since I bought netgear orbi, so frustrating.

I had tried to call my ISP for help, they say the netgear orbi router I have may be faulty....

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Rbk40 still randomly dropping connection after new update

What is the Mfr and model# of your ISP modems? Any built in routers by chance?

Any wireless neighbors near by? If so, how many? 

Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz. Any unused channel on 5Ghz. 

Also try temporarily disabling Fast Roaming, Daisy Chaining, Beamforming and MIMO. Daisy chaining is only needed of you have two or more Satellites. Enable Beamforming and MIMO later on after checking the system out with out them being disabled. Restart both router and Satelllite after disabling any of these then test.

@Specxlarwrote:
My system still drops connection every once and a while which is especially annoying when I’m playing online games. My Xbox one is wired to one of the satellites. When it works, it works great, but the drops are killing me. Anyone know of any fixes?

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7