Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Rbk50 can’t connect to nbn arris modem

Patienceplace
Follower

Rbk50 can’t connect to nbn arris modem

My new Orbi RBK50 is not connecting to my NBN Arris CM8200. My internet provider is Iinet

Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: Rbk50 can’t connect to nbn arris modem

Doesn't tell us a whole lot.

1. Whats failing? details help not just it won't connect. Its like me calling my mechanic and saying "my car doesn't drive, tell me whats wrong?"  

2. What firmware is on your orbi?

3. Are you trying to set via hardwired connection, app, wireless? Whats happening?

4. if you direct connect to  your modem, does it work?

5. The arris cm8200 has 2 ethernet ports but only 1 works. Make  sure you're plugged into port 1

Many times to fix the problems do this:

1. shut off both router and modem. disconnect all devices from both. 

2. power on the modem. give it a couple minutes to fully boot. 

3. Connect port 1 on modem to wan port on router. *Don't connect anything else to modem even once setup*

4. Boot up router. Give it a couple minutes to fully boot.

5. Connect to router with 1 device and try to go through setup.

did it work? 

Message 2 of 4
Joshsqrd
Aspirant

Just wondering if you fixed this as I just bought the RBK50 today and had the same issue when trying to connect. Followed all the instructions from connecting the modem to router and followed setup for the wifi which was successful however when it checks for internet connection it fails. Please help
Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

Did you power OFF the ISP modem and RBR for 30 seconds then back ON with the ISP Modem then RBR and walk thru the setup wizard on the RBR with a PC and web browser? 

@Joshsqrd wrote:
Just wondering if you fixed this as I just bought the RBK50 today and had the same issue when trying to connect. Followed all the instructions from connecting the modem to router and followed setup for the wifi which was successful however when it checks for internet connection it fails. Please help

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7