Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Rbk50 issues with wired backhaul fw 2.7.3.22

Jpetrarca4
Aspirant

Rbk50 issues with wired backhaul fw 2.7.3.22

Hi guys wondering if anyone could help me, I wired my satellite in lan port2. I have rbk50 one satellite. Latest firmware 27322. I have a few issues since doing this. It seams like my range now is not as good. I used to be able to get WiFi outside my house now it’s sluggish. Second, the satellite shows disconnected in the app but connected on Orbi login and wired status good. Not sure if there is anything I can do to make it show up properly in the app. I would just go back to wireless backhaul but my ps5 runs better wired into the wired satellite now. Just wish I could fix the range issues now and some odd behave here and there. My iPhone constantly looses internet connection. Remains connected to WiFi but no internet. My other 35 devices are fine. If anyone can help with any of these issue that would be great. Thanks
Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Rbk50 issues with wired backhaul fw 2.7.3.22

Has a power off for 1 minute then back ON with the ISP modem and Orbi system been performed since last update?
Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update? 

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Are the RBS connected directly behind the RBR or is there a LAN switch in between them?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and 📡 satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS📡 to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.
https://kb.netgear.com/31029/Where-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite 📡

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and 40 to 48 channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Try disabling the following and see:
Armor, Circle, Traffic Meter,

Daisy Chain, Fast Roaming, IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

One User Experience/Configuration:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Most-Stable-Orbi-Configuration/m-p/1941087/highlight/true#M970...

Message 2 of 10
Jpetrarca4
Aspirant

the system was factory reset after connecting the wired backhaul,   i am using a verizon ONT, everything is connected directly with no switches.  my home is a raised ranch, two floors, each about 1000sq ft.   they are probably 20 ft apart with a wall seperating them. i had the channels on auto, i just changed them to the recommended setting on the post you copied.  i still cant get the satellite to show in the app as connected.  also i show all devices connected to router which isnt the case if i go into the satellites ip address and can see about 10 devices connected so im not sure.

Message 3 of 10
Jpetrarca4
Aspirant

Nvmd, going and changing the channels from auto to 1 and 36, setting the satellite to a static ip must of helped because the satellite now shows up in the app. Thanks
Message 4 of 10
Jpetrarca4
Aspirant

Spoke too soon. It has reverted back to showing no satellites and the network map has the satellite purple in the app. Orbi login shows the satellite. Can’t see what’s connected to it. Unless I go through the op address but it doesn’t show the devices. Just says unknown. Would love to be able to view it through the app correctly.
Message 5 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Id bring the  RBS to same room as the RBR and directly connect them to the RBR in back using CAT6 lan cabling. Observe the top ring LED to see if these turn ON when you connect them. Give them about 5 minutes to settle in then check the app. 

Message 6 of 10
Jpetrarca4
Aspirant

I believe the satellite is working. Shows working in Orbi login and also when I pull up the address in a browser. The app though doesn’t show it working
Message 7 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Doesnt show in the rbrs web page?  or orbi app?

Message 8 of 10
Jpetrarca4
Aspirant

It shows in the web page that I have a wired satellite connected. All the devices show that they are connected to the router. If I go to 192.168.1.3 in a webpage I see the actually devices connected to the satellite. But no descriptions. So it would be nice to get the app to display correctly so I can manage devices etc.
Message 9 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the Orbi App product. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with Orbi App and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this "general Orbi" forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-App/bd-p/en-home-orbi-app
Good Luck.

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7