Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Rbk53 satellite position and signal strength

Ian_Dickson
Aspirant

Rbk53 satellite position and signal strength

I am in the process of setting up my RBK53 system. I have a large 2 storey home with outside garage and outbuilding. Most of the walls are simple dry board/plasterboard and external walls are brick. I wanted to ask approximately how far should the satellites be positioned from the router. Can I measure the strength of the signal to the satellites to actually accurately determine where I'm best to position the satellites? Or is it more a case of experimenting with the position? I have heard on other postings that you can over saturate your property if it is too small for the power of the system. Again is there a way to actually measure for this or if you are having issues you move the satellites further away or switch one off? User experiences and technical advice would be appreciated. 

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 2
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Rbk53 satellite position and signal strength

Hello Ian

It has a basic light system on if you have good signal or not but you would have to experiment on the best position.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7