Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Rbk53s-100nas

Gussom2c
Aspirant

Rbk53s-100nas

Hi need help orbi will not update P
Message 1 of 6
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Rbk53s-100nas

@Gussom2c wrote:
Hi need help orbi will not update P

More details would be helpful, such as

• What is the current firmware release?
    This can be found in several places, such as
    * in the upper right hand corner of the Orbi web interface home page
  • How are you attempting to update firmware?
    (Orbi "app" or the Orbi web interface, Advanced Tab, Administration, Firmware Update?)
  • Is there a specific reason for the update?
    (Orbi is not working correctly? Received an email from Netgear?)

The forum contains some very long posts regarding firmware updates.  There are several differing opinions regarding the topic:

• Some users see no reason to update firmware unless there is a specific probem that a firmware update claims to address.
    In other words, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it."  (Similar to "let sleeping dogs lie.")
  • Some users (such as myself) neverinstall a firmware update until at least 3-4 weeks have gone by with other customers relating their experience with it.  (Broke this... or Devices no long show up.. etc.)
  • Some users believe, "Netgear told me an update was available, so I must install it."
  • Some users like to "live on the edge"

There is also a concern that we see a lot of posts that start off, "I updated using the Orbi 'app' and now.... something awful."
Obviously thousands of Orbi customers must update firmware successfully using the app.  Only those who have had problems turn up on the forum looking for a solution to the aftermath.

Message 2 of 6
Gussom2c
Aspirant

Thank you for responding. Router firmware 2.3.5.30. Router 2.5.2.4. Issues are internet keeps dropping and can not update. Error is can not update
Message 3 of 6
CrimpOn
Guru

@Gussom2c wrote:
Thank you for responding. Router firmware 2.3.5.30. Router 2.5.2.4. Issues are internet keeps dropping and can not update. Error is can not update

How is the update being done (Orbi web interface or Orbi "app")?

Message 4 of 6
Gussom2c
Aspirant

The app

Message 5 of 6
CrimpOn
Guru

@Gussom2c wrote:

The app

OK.  I do not want to appear obstructive, but there is no little evidence that updating the Orbi firmware will prove to be a solution to the performance problem.  I am confused by the response: " Router firmware 2.3.5.30. Router 2.5.2.4."  Perhaps that indicates that the router is now on firmware 2.3.5.0 and the desire is to install firmware 2.5.2.4?????

My recommendation is that the "app" is not your friend.  I would use the Orbi web interface (http://orbilogin.net), go to the Advanced Tab, Administration, Firmware Update and follow the instructions to update firmware.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7