Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Rbr 10 satellite not working properly

Pether
Follower

Rbr 10 satellite not working properly

Just bought the Orbi rbr10 mesh set. While the main router and one satellite is working perfect, the second satellite is having issues. It connects to the rest of the setup just fine, but it seems like no devices (phones, tablets, pc etc) is able to connect to it. I have changed its position to be closer to the main router, without any effect. Anyone have a possible solution?
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Rbr 10 satellite not working properly

What Firmware is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected. https://kb.netgear.com/000036466/How-far-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite-from-my-Orbi-router

What happens if you swap places with the other RBS? 

@Pether wrote:
Just bought the Orbi rbr10 mesh set. While the main router and one satellite is working perfect, the second satellite is having issues. It connects to the rest of the setup just fine, but it seems like no devices (phones, tablets, pc etc) is able to connect to it. I have changed its position to be closer to the main router, without any effect. Anyone have a possible solution?

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7