Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Rbr 20 wont open some apps or load some webpages

Ruben951
Aspirant

Rbr 20 wont open some apps or load some webpages

Hey I'm having issues with my orbi rbr20. I got it from Costco. When I connect to it I cant load server based games and some sites wont load. On one game I get "there was an error communicating with the asset server. This can be caused by using a proxy." For websites I get error 404. When I switch back to my regular internet providers router everything is fine. Anyone have a solution?
Model: RBK22| Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 6
ekhalil
Master

Re: Rbr 20 wont open some apps or load some webpages

This can be caused by having multiple routers/DHCP servers.
It seems that your ISP modem is functioning as a router and the Orbi is set in Router Mode.
You have to either bridge the modem or set Orbi in AP mode.
Message 2 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Modem Combo Units:
Couple of options,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge mode. Then use the Orbi router in router mode. You'll need to contact the ISP for help and information in regards to the modem being bridged correctly.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ for the IP address the Orbi router gets from the modem. Then you can use the Orbi router in Router mode.
3. Or disable all wifi radios on the modem and connect the Orbi router to the modem, configure AP mode on the Orbi router.

@Ruben951 wrote:
Hey I'm having issues with my orbi rbr20. I got it from Costco. When I connect to it I cant load server based games and some sites wont load. On one game I get "there was an error communicating with the asset server. This can be caused by using a proxy." For websites I get error 404. When I switch back to my regular internet providers router everything is fine. Anyone have a solution?

Message 3 of 6
Ruben951
Aspirant

I was able to turn the orbi router to ap mode and the games and the sites load up good but now I cant use the orbi app. It says "issues connecting to orbi" did I miss something
Message 4 of 6
ekhalil
Master

Great that you got the orbi working in AP mode.

For the app, it can be that the old data (like wifi cridentials,...) are -somehow- still there. Please try uninstalling it from your device and reinstall again.

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Others reported it working in AP mode so as suggested, try removing it and re-installing it. I know, shouldn't have to do this when changing modes on the Orbi. 

@Ruben951 wrote:
I was able to turn the orbi router to ap mode and the games and the sites load up good but now I cant use the orbi app. It says "issues connecting to orbi" did I miss something

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7