Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Rbr50 bricked itself

Orbibrick
Aspirant

Rbr50 bricked itself

My Orbi router started kicked off all of our devices saying that the password was incorrect, but we hadn’t changed our password. I then tried to cycle the power off and on but when I did, the router would not even fully turn on, no LED ring or anything, and no network being broadcast. I tried several more times and tried pressing the reset button as well, same behavior of not turning on.

Does anyone have any ideas what happened or suggestions of how to fix it?
Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

I recommend you phone contact NG support and get help on this. You may have a faulty unit or power adapter. 

Message 2 of 6
Orbibrick
Aspirant

Unfortunately I’m out of both the support window and the 1 year warranty so not much help from Netgear. The green light still comes on in the back so it should be getting power.
Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Well maybe getting power however the volts or amp maybe not enough or it could be out of spec. 

I would test the power adatper at the tip with a multi meter. Try a different one if you can find a adapter with same volts and amps. 

Be sure to hold in the reset button for 10-15 seconds and have a wired PC connected to the back of the router and see if you gain access to the web page set up. 

Message 4 of 6
Orbibrick
Aspirant

I tested the voltage and it was fine on the routers adapter, not sure how to test for amps without cutting into the cable. I used the adapters from both the satellites with the same Volts and amps and got the same behavior.

Holding the reset button longer still does nothing unfortunately.
Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

I would contact one of the forum moderators and ask about this. See if @DarrenM can be of any help. 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7