Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Rbr50 linked to wrong account

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Rbr50 linked to wrong account

I currently work for geek squad and accidentally added my router and satellite to a clients account. What can I do to get them registered to me.
Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 7
schumaku
Guru

Re: Rbr50 linked to wrong account

Geek Squad people - providing support on behalf of Netgear - should know the solution. People working on paid support should not have to ask the unpaid and unsupported community members. You should seek for some more training IMHO. 

Something is badly wrong here.

Regards,

-Kurt

Message 2 of 7
schumaku
Guru

Message 3 of 7
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Well I don’t have have access to change the serial number to another account. Only net gear has that ability. So has nothing to do with training
Message 4 of 7
schumaku
Guru

Well, the other question is on how Geek Squad does come into possession of the customers Netgear account data. 

Look, I know that only Netgear has the possibility to change the product registration. However, you talk to the community here....

I stop this conversation now.

Message 5 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Please contact NG support for help for this.

@Blanca_O 

Good Luck. 

Message 6 of 7
Throwaway946282
Aspirant

Dude, I also work for GeekSquad, I know sometimes we make mistakes but how in the actual hell did you do that? Sounds like a CDP issue
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7