Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Rbr50 no internet connection issue

Inboxsga
Follower

Rbr50 no internet connection issue

Getting following issues every time I enter home. WiFi does not connect itself and when I try explicitly it shows me WiFi but gives this message of no internet connection. I have installed this system just last week. Working fine with wired devices and other device always at home. Only issues is the phones as we move out and come back to WiFi.
Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Rbr50 no internet connection issue

What Firmware is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?
Is the Orbi system operating in Router or AP mode?

What wireless devices are you having problems with? 

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between them to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Try enabling Beamforming and MIMO(MIMO may or maynot be needed) and WMM. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Try disabling the following and see:
Armor, Circle, Daisy Chain, Fast Roaming, IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s).

@Inboxsga wrote:
Getting following issues every time I enter home. WiFi does not connect itself and when I try explicitly it shows me WiFi but gives this message of no internet connection. I have installed this system just last week. Working fine with wired devices and other device always at home. Only issues is the phones as we move out and come back to WiFi.

Message 2 of 3
ekhalil
Master

Re: Rbr50 no internet connection issue

@Inboxsga wrote:
........ Working fine with wired devices and other device always at home. Only issues is the phones as we move out and come back to WiFi.

To me this seems like double NAT issue. If your ISP modem is acting as a router and does NATing on the incoming WAN traffic then this can cause different issues since Orbi is also doing NATing. You need to check if you have double NAT.

Please open a Command Prompt on any computer attached to Orbi and type:

tracert 8.8.8.8    (or traceroute 8.8.8.8 if you're using a Mac computer)

1. If you see two private IP addresses listed in the first two hops then you have double NAT. Please check the model of your ISP modem and if you have a manual for it.
  2. If you see only one private address and the second hop shows a public address, then you’re all good and we need then to troubleshoot further to find the root cause of the issue,
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7