Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Rbr50

ChinoMorales
Tutor

Rbr50

I'm using Orbi RBR50, router with two satellites and we are changing our internet provider, do I have to do a "New Setup" once I have the new provider? I will be using same modem though.

Thanks a lot.

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Rbr50

Just power OFF the modem when you change ISPs for 1 minute then back on. 

@ChinoMorales wrote:

I'm using Orbi RBR50, router with two satellites and we are changing our internet provider, do I have to do a "New Setup" once I have the new provider? I will be using same modem though.

Thanks a lot.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Thoretically no.  I would recommend it however. It might work great once the new ISP provisions your modem but it might have issues. Just take a backup of your configuration so you can restore it once you've got the new setup provisioned. 

Message 2 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Just power OFF the modem when you change ISPs for 1 minute then back on. 

@ChinoMorales wrote:

Thanks a lot.

Message 3 of 6

... and while you are doing that, also turn off the Orbit router and then turn that back on when the modem is up and connected.

Message 4 of 6
ChinoMorales
Tutor

Thanks a lot for your help.

Message 5 of 6
ChinoMorales
Tutor

I waited for the new ISP tomsend the signal to my modem as did as suggested by you, all working fine now, thanks again.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7