Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Rbs50 and rbr50 did not update to firmware 2.1.1.12

Rbs50 and rbr50 did not update to firmware 2.1.1.12

Actually i have firmware 2.0.0.74. i cannot update the firmware automatically nor manually to 2.1.1.12. If i try to do it manually via the web interface, the message did appear, that i have an incorrect firmware file downloaded. I am fully aware, that the router and satellit have different firmware files.

Message 1 of 6
JMU1998
Luminary

Re: Rbs50 and rbr50 did not update to firmware 2.1.1.12

@reinholdmueller you may have already done this but wanted to mention to check the file type of the 2 files you downloaded if they are zipped the Orbi will not recognize them may have to unzip/extract them to a folder on your machine.

Message 2 of 6
Guillaume_FR
Aspirant

Hi all,
Same issue here :

- downloaded firmware 2.1.1.12 for both RBS and RBR
- unzipped with winrar

=> When trying to load RBS firmware, the page does kind of a refresh after some minutes. I can select again the file. No error message.

I tried downlading the files from another server (US and FR) => Same behavior
I tried under firefox, with and withot adblockplus, and on Edge => Same behavior

I did not try the update of the RBR, as it is mentioned everywhere to update RBS first.

Any hint please?
Naby thanks

Message 3 of 6

Found thr solution as follows.

first: update the ROUTER RBR50 (i know it is said, that the satellites should be updated first, but this did not work)

second: detach all satellites from the current. Wait 10 seconds. Attach the satellites again to the current and wait until they connect to the router

Third: update now the satellites one by one

good luck. It worked for me

Message 4 of 6
Guillaume_FR
Aspirant

Hi!

Thanks a lot for your answer and workaround.

Before doing it, I wanted to try something else: I unplugged the RBS, waited then restarted it. Once connected to the RBR, I tried once again the upgrade procedure, with the expected result!
RBS is now under 2.1.1.12, I will now apply it to the RBR.
Thanks again!

Message 5 of 6
JMU1998
Luminary

Good luck let us know how it goes with the new Firmware? I personally don't want to upgrade or get the auto update until the bugs and issues are addressed with v2.1.1.12

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7