Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Rbs50 not syncing

80rie
Aspirant

Rbs50 not syncing

Hi. I’ve recently purchased used rbs50. After trying to sync to rbk50, both through the router and original satellite, all I get on it is a flashing white light. I’ve tried resetting and the other fixes.
The only thing I can think of is.
I’m in Australia using Australian rbk50. This rbs50 is from USA. Using a power adapter plug. Is this a regional issue.? Not sure what else to try.
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

What you need to do is factory reset the RBS. Wire connect a PC to the 1st satellite. Already have the most current FW version files downloaded on to this PC. 

Wire connect 1 PC to the back of the RBS. Factory reset the RBS, wait about 5 minutes. The PC will get a IP address from the satellite. The RBS will be 192.168.1.250. Use this IP address in a web browser to log in to the satellites web page. Log in as admin and password. Use the satellites web page FW update feature to select the FW update file that was unpacked from the .zip file. Then factory reset and then re-sync the satellites to the RBR.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware version is currently loaded? Be sure the RBS is loaded with same version of FW thats on the RBR. 

Message 2 of 6
80rie
Aspirant

The rbr50 is on 2.7.3.22. I’m not sure what firmware version rbs50 is on. I bought that one used on eBay.
I tried updating via cable to pc using tftp and command prompt but don’t seem to be getting anywhere.
Maybe there is an issue , being rbs 50 is from USA and my rbk50 is Australia?? But I didn’t expect that to be problem.

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

What you need to do is factory reset the RBS. Wire connect a PC to the 1st satellite. Already have the most current FW version files downloaded on to this PC. 

Wire connect 1 PC to the back of the RBS. Factory reset the RBS, wait about 5 minutes. The PC will get a IP address from the satellite. The RBS will be 192.168.1.250. Use this IP address in a web browser to log in to the satellites web page. Log in as admin and password. Use the satellites web page FW update feature to select the FW update file that was unpacked from the .zip file. Then factory reset and then re-sync the satellites to the RBR.

Message 4 of 6
80rie
Aspirant

Thank you. I will give this a go. I just need to track down another pc with Ethernet port first
Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

👍

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements